Saturday, November 10, 2007

thank god for graval

Its been a good couple of weeks. I did two artist talks and they both went well I think... Man, I get so nervous for those things, like 'on-the-verge-of-throwing-up" type of nervous, but once I get up there its not so bad... One of the talks was for Ed Pien's class at OCAD, he is one of my favourite artists, you can look at his stuff here

There's a bunch of other links to his work on that page as well...

I've been spending a lot of time getting the new studio in working condition, the walls and floor are looking good now, and I have most of my stuff moved in...

Hmmm...earlier today I finished my new page for the Road of Knives: Uh, click on it, it looks better big...



I went to Canzine and TIAF a couple of weekends ago...Maybe I just don't like zines and art, cause neither of the fairs really did much for me... except I met a couple of gallerists from Marseille, they seem like nice and honest dudes and I'm going to be sending them some work for a couple of upcoming art fairs:

Dukan & Hourdequin

Uhh... I thought I had more to write than this... I'm going to save what I have and finish tomorrow...

OK, its tomorrow now, I remembered something that I forgot to include last night, I have a profile in this months Juxtapoz, thats exciting. Well, for me anyway...



The issue is so-so... I'm not that big on Shepard Fairey but Saelee Oh has a feature in this issue as well, I think she's pretty fantastic...

Ok, last couple of things. Andrew and I moved the rest of the stuff out of my old studio...




We thought it would be awesome to throw my roll of bubble wrap off the 8th floor fire escape. I got this photo of Andrew up there but you can't really see him. Then I didn't get any photos of it coming down, but it wasn't very awesome anyway, it just landed neatly beside andrews car. It was a really big letdown...



Now I'm pretty much set up in the new space, it feels good to have a place to work again...






Then andrew dressed up as a ghost and we drove around in his car...

4 comments:

Brett Despotovich said...

did they fucking replace your Road of Knives bit with the love? What the hell!!

Nicholas Di Genova said...

Heh, yeah, we cut out over half of the old material. It had to go anyway, the demon that my zebra fucked doesn't even exist in the new version...

I'm sorta glad its gone, I thought it was pretty funny, but it really did slow the action down... Then Shawn drew these baby zebras coming out of it, and they were a nightmare to draw...

Man, comics are so hard, that last page took 3 full day and nights to draw... I heard that most comic artists do a page a day...

Larissa Thomas said...

send me your address already so i can come vist you

TKKultist said...

Nick! 9 years ago you showed me Juxtapoz for the first time now you are friggin well in it!!! I am real proud of you man and want to congratulate you. Call me up if you land back in Bellevegas at all.
James AKA Mr. Craig