Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Berlin pics pt.1

Ok, so here are the photos from Berlin... Nothing too crazy, I was sick for most of the trip, but I definitely had a good time. All of the people I met there were pretty amazing... After about a week though I was tired of being sick away from my home, and I missed Jamiyla a lot, so I was happy to see Toronto again...

Blogger seems to be fucking up, I'm going to post these ones now, and a second set later on today if it starts working again...


Marco installing the show.


A photo at the launch. I did three interviews right before this... One was with Vice, you can check it out here,but it's in German. The second was with a guy who runs a magazine about comics and illustrative fine arts... It will be in print in September. The third was for an internet TV station, I was really nervous because I'm shy around video cameras, and the girl who was interviewing me was really pretty... I think it went ok in the end though...


My friend Christa D'Angelo's studio... We've talked back and fourth on the internet for about a year and a half now, and we got to meet while in Berlin... She's an awesome artist and we get along like peas and carrots, so it was great to meet...


Another shot of Christa's studio...


Pablo of Belio and his girlfriend Amrie... Amrie is amazing, she's sort of a smart ass in the best possible way, I wish she lived closer so we could cut each other up more often...


German rap is weird...


Posters around the city featuring the evil seal mutilating Canadians...


A gumball machine with little knives in it... I put all my dimes in it, but just got gum...


I forget what this building was, but Marco and I drank beer on a tour boat, it was awesome...



Because I was so sick, I spent A LOT of time in this bed... It was really comfortable...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's amr-E-I you canadian fool!


ps. my nose doesn't look as red as usual. awesome.

Nicholas Di Genova said...

oh shit, my bad:P